王 懿 English Resume
Opera Solutions, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer, 02/2011 -- Present
- Data Visualization
Sapient Global Markets, New York, NY
Senior Associate, 09/2010 -- 01/2011
- Work at UBS client site, translating business requirements into technical design
- Implementation and testing of complex enterprise application using jQuery and Spring MVC
Intermolecular, San Jose, CA
Software Development Engineer, 06/2010 -- 09/2010
- Analyzed, designed, and developed highly computational applications for research analytics
- Worked with Flex, ColdFusion and MS SQL Server
软件工程实习生, 03/2010 -- 06/2010
- Design and implement integration of group video/audio/text chat application with community site
- Work with Java, PHP, MySQL, ActionScript, Flash, Tomcat and Red5 media server
- Setup and administrate rackspace cloud server and github repositories
助研, 11/2009 -- 12/2009, 02/2010 -- 05/2010
- Redesigned the front end of a web service and implemented 3 new user interaction features using Flex
- Worked in a team of 5 to create data visualization prototypes from scratch.
- Researched existing technology and presented proposals to senior management.
- Designed and implemented 6 mockup systems by mainly using Flex, C#, Java and XML.
- Wrote functional specification and compiled changelog to monitor project progress.
- Worked in a team of 3 to create “Spatial-Temporal Animation Reasoning” games for online education.
- Implemented and delivered 6 games using ActionScript and XML.
- Restructured development workflow to meet urgent deadlines.
ASK 动画, 成都
技术顾问, 2002, 2003夏
- Collaborated with 2 animators to create a close combat fighting game from scratch
- Solely designed and implemented PvE and PvP algorithms.
- Integrated artistic works into gaming system.
哥伦比亚大学, 纽约市, 09/2008-02/2010
硕士, 计算机科学, 助研
北京大学, 北京, 09/2005-07/2008
硕士, 物理学, 免试保送生
华盛顿大学, 西雅图, 09/2003-07/2004
交换学生, 计算机科学, 华大-川大 交换项目, Only 30 out of about 1000 selected
四川大学, 成都, 9/2001-07/2005
- Yi Wang, Luhua Lai, “Modeling the Intracellular Dynamics for Vif-APO Mediated HIV-1 Virus Infection.”Chinese Science Bulletin, 2009. (In Press). (主要使用技术: MATLAB)
- Yi Wang, Luhua Lai, Qi Ouyang, “Visualization System of Biochemical Network Dynamics.” Computers and applied chemistry, 26(4):385-389, 2009. (主要使用技术: ActionScript)
北京大学, 物理学院, 理论生物学中心, 北京
研究生助研, 计算生物学, 09/2005-07/2008
- Formulated a nonlinear model to analyze the dynamics of certain impotent chemical components in virus infected cell.
- Designed and implemented a real time visualization system to intuitively demonstrate network dynamics.
- Published research findings in 2 articles in academic journals as first author.
华盛顿大学, 基因科学系, Felsenstein/Kuhner 实验室, 西雅图
助研, 计算分子生物学, 09/2003-07/2004
- Developed a statistical model to describe the mutation and optimization of microsatellite on chromosome.
- Implemented a bisection optimization algorithm in C/C++ based on the model for LAMARC software.
- Wrote documentation for newly-added feature in LAMARC software.
AIESEC 中国大陆, 北京
- Created AIESEC Mainland China’s first external relation tracking system by using MySQL and PHP.
- Managed AIESEC Mainland China’s official website and weekly newsletter.
- Liaised with information system departments of 9 Local Committees.
AIESEC 北京大学, 北京
People Development Program Mentor, 02/2005-06/2005
- Planed and facilitated 3 national and local events for recruiting, training and networking.
- Helped raise Local Committee Outgoing Exchange growth by 60%.
- Elected as Information System Manager of AIESEC Mainland China, National Committee.
Volunteer Team Leader, Summer 2003, 2005
- Led a 5-student research team to conduct ecological experiments in nature reserves.
- Developed project plan, led 2 field trips, analyzed experimental data and compiled final report.
- Solely designed and implemented a Geographic Information System using Visual Basic, Access and ESRI MapObjects.
Analysis of Algorithms, Columbia, Summer 2009
- Formulated algorithms about sorting, searching, dynamic programming, graph and NP-completeness
Machine Learning, Columbia, Spring 2009
- Developed algorithms about regression, SVM, PCA, EM and graphical models using MATLAB
Financial Technology, Columbia, Spring 2009
- Designed a pricing model for job risk insurance and create a simulation system using MATLAB with GUIDE in a team of 3
- Simulated and visualized parameterized monetary supply dynamics using Python with matplotlib
Nonlinear Physics, PKU, Spring 2006
- Mathematical formalization of flows, maps, periodic orbits and bifurcation theory
Multivariable Statistical Analysis, PKU, Fall 2005
- Analyzed multidimensional data using regression, principal component analysis and clustering algorithms with SAS
Computational Molecular Biology, UW, Winter 2004
- Implemented Viterbi algorithm and EM training on hidden Markov model applied to weighted directed acyclic graphs for genome and protein sequence analysis in C/C++
Data Structures & Algorithms, UW, Fall 2003
- Studied fundamental algorithms and data structures for implementation
Intrusion Detection Systems, Columbia, Fall 2009
- Created and analyzed user behavior models based on captured network packets using Nmap, Snort, tcpdump and R
Programming Language & Translators, Columbia, Spring 2009
- Designed a programming language for manipulating graphs and implemented the corresponding translator using Java and ANTLR in a team of 4
Operating Systems, Columbia, Fall 2008
- Modified Linux kernel about thread synchronization, process scheduling, memory management and file system using C and VMware in a team of 2
Artificial Intelligence, UW, Winter 2004
- Designed and implemented a E-mail spam classifier based on Bayes model using LISP in a team of 2
Computer Animation, Columbia, Spring 2009
- Implemented a 3D spring-mass system with elasticity and collision detection using C/C++, STL, PETSc, XML and Mathematica
Computer Vision, Columbia, Fall 2008
- Accomplished 4 projects about object recognition, edge extraction, photometric stereo and optical flow using C/C++
User Interface Design, Columbia, Fall 2008
- Created a paper prototype, a drawing system and a Twitter client using Java Swing, Flex and JSON in a team of 4
Computer Graphics, UW, Spring 2004
- Accomplished 4 projects about image processing, modeling, ray-tracing and animation using C/C++ and OpenGL
- 熟悉 Python, PHP, Mathematica, OpenGL, C#, VB, LINQ, SQL, JSON, Dreamweaver
- 了解 Vi, LaTeX, R, SAS, LISP, Premiere, After Effects, Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Illustrator
- 操作系统 Linux, Windows, Mac
优秀毕业生, 四川大学, 07/2005
学校奖学金, 四川大学, 2002, 2003
优秀学生, 四川大学, 2002, 2003
NOKIA Creativity Competition Award, China, 2001
1st Class National Award of High School Student Physics Competition, China, 2000
2nd Class National Award of High School Student Mathematics Competition, Sichuan, China, 2000
1st Class Provincial Award of High School Student Chemistry Competition, Sichuan, China, 2000